The mythical lake Jezero Sumbar needs no introduction. This lake holds RECORD BREAKING fish. Why are anglers from all over traveling to this lake? Well, the current fish count over 30kgs in this lake is an incredible 50+ fish. We have lost count of the fish between 25 and 30kgs! Don’t know what it’s like to hold a 30Kgs fish? Start heading to the gym, because this is about to become a reality.
A guide from our team shall be on site for your week(s) to advise on tactics and provide you with detailed information. They will help with fish care and answer any questions you may have. The demand for this lake is EXTREMELY HIGH, and only a number of places remain!
CarpEcapes is offering a tailormade escape for you. Tired of packing your car / Van with 500kgs of bait for a week and driving home with it? We have high quality baits for purchase on site in different sizes with a mixture of glugs, wafters and popups. Please contact us and we can place your order in advance. (with enough notice we can customise your bait order)
Fly In and Drive & Survive
Due to popular demand we are very excited and pleased to announce that we shall be the only company offering Fly-In and Drive & Survive options to fish the incredible lake Sumbar. Either drive and survive with your own equipment or if you prefer use our fly-in option. Forget having to travel long distances by car with mountains of gear wasting time and money. Fly directly into Zargreb and be collected by our team, be taken to the shops for personal supplies and be fishing on the lake within hours of landing. Escaping has never been easier. We shall supply you with the following:
Set of scales
3 Meals a day
Gas cooker for tea and coffee making equipment.
Ridge Monkey table
Large outdoors table
200 amp power pack
Scoops for bait mixing
You will be able to purchase bait on site at a fair price, boilies 6.50€ a kg with orders over 25kgs, pop ups, Wafters, ground bait, maize and hemp. We shall provide a baiting up option twice a day by boat. Our team are on site to guide you and assist where needed. You shall need to bring a sleeping bag, terminal tackle, reels, alarms, leads, scales and a smile for your first big fish, fishing in the Balkans has now become a whole lot easier. We make fishing holidays easy so all you need to do is choose your escape.
CarpEscapes recommend the following accommodation – B&B Cindra. Why not arrive early and settle in or perhaps take some time away from the lake to explore.
The following dates are available for Fly-In on a first come first serve basis.
We also have the following weeks available in 2023 for Drive & Survive.
06-05-2023 to 13-05-2023 – 12 open spots
13-05-2023 to 20-05-2023
11-06 – to 18-06 – lake exclusive possible
18-06 – to 25-06
09-07 – to 16-07 – lake exclusive possible
16-07 – to 23-07 – 3 open spots
30-07 to 06-08 – lake exclusive possible
06-08 to 13-08 – 12 open spots
03-09 to 13-09 – 12 open spots
08-10 to 15-10 – 8 open spots
15-10 to 22-10 – 3 open spots
12-11 to 19-11 – lake exclusive possible
19-11 to 26-11 – lake exclusive possible
Please Note If lake owners or fishing federations change their rules CarpEscapes are not to be held liable for these changes.
- Carp and Grass Carp Fishing at The Big Lake Šumbar
- All carp and grass carp MUST be returned unharmed -CATCH RELEASE ONLY.
- Swim borders lie in the middle between two anglers
- 3 rods maximum
- NO Zig Rigs
- Use of boats, bait boats and drones are allowed (with special permissions).
- A minimum line thickness of 0.35mm must be used.
- Braided line only on spod and marker rods.
- NO shock leaders or leaders of any description. Maximum lead is 4oz/ 120 grams
- Only barbless or micro barb hooks in sizes 4,5,6,7 or 8. No long shank patterns.
- Grass Carp must not be retained at all. Only carp over 20kg/44lbs may be retained in a floating retainer. Please take your pictures as soon as possible. Carp sacks are NOT allowed.
- When taking picture, the fish must be placed over the unhooking mat. You must be kneeling or squatting down.
- You must not stand while taking pictures with the fish.
- The maximum time allowed for pictures is 3 minutes. (ask for help from a fishing ranger if necessary).
- ALL carp and grass carp over 20 KG must be returned using weighing sling, not your landing net.
- DO NOT leave rubbish or unused bait in your swim.
- Particularly cigarette ends and bottle caps. Please use bins provided for all line and food waste.
- You must use unhooking mats at all times. 42” landing nets or bigger required and they must have knotless mesh.
- DO NOT leave rods unattended.
- No driving around the lake at night
- Please drive carefully around the site. The speed limit is 5km.
- If necessary parts of the lake may be closed and will be clearly marked.
- DO NOT have any lights facing the lake, particularly car lights.
- No open fires. You are only allowed to use the barbecue or stove.
- You may wade 10 meters away from the bank
- DO NOT interfere with other anglers
- DO NOT hammer nails in the trees. DO NOT hang things on trees less than 4 meters high.
- Rangers may make ticket, rig, line, and bait check periodically. You will be asked to leave immediately if you break any of these rules.
- Please leave your swim by 12:00