The mythical lake Jezero Sumbar needs no introduction. This lake holds RECORD BREAKING fish.
At CarpEscapes are pleased to offer 6 weeks for 2019 and 6 weeks for 2020. Why are anglers from all over traveling to this lake? Well, the current fish count over 30kgs in this lake is an incredible 50+ fish. We have lost count of the fish between 25 and 30kgs! Don’t know what it’s like to hold a 30Kgs fish? Start heading to the gym, because this is about to become a reality.
A guide from our team shall be on site for your week(s) to advise on tactics and provide you with detailed information. They will help with fish care and answer any questions you may have.The demand for this lake is EXTREMELY HIGH, and only a number of places remain for 2019! We at CarpEscapes, as a gesture of good will, are offering a discount to any anglers affected by “Carp Adventures.” However, due to the amount of double bookings taken by this company and anglers already in contact, places are limited and treated on a first come first serve basis.
CarpEcapes is offering a tailormade escape for you, with food options on the lake. Tired of packing your car / Van with 500kgs of bait for a week and driving home with it? We have high quality baits for purchase on site in different sizes with a mixture of glugs, wafters and popups. Please contact us and we can place your order in advance. (with enough notice we can customise your bait order)
HOOK – RELEASE – REPEAT
CarpEscapes are offering a discount to all anglers that have already booked through Carp Adventures, please call for details. We shall do our best to find space and help you!
Šumbar Lake Bookings for 2020
Now with Options
DATES AVAILABLE FOR 2020
05 July to 12 July 2020
09 August 2020 to 16 August 2020
16 August 2020 to 23 August 2020
11 October 2020 to 18 October 2020
18 October 2020 to 25 October 2020
15 November 2020 to 22 November 2020
22 November 2020 to 29 November 2020
Šumbar Lake Bookings for 2021
Due to popular demand we are very excited and pleased to announce that we shall be the only company offering fly-in options to fish the incredible lake Sumbar. Forget having to travel long distances by car with mountains of gear wasting time and money. Fly directly into Zargreb and be collected by our team, be taken to the shops for personal supplies and be fishing on the lake within hours of landing. Escaping has never been easier. We shall supply you with the following:
1 spod rod
1 marker rod
1 landing net
1 landing matt
1 weigh tripod
1 bed chair
1 day chair
3 meals a day
1 gas cooker for tea and coffee making equipment.
You will be able to purchase bait on site at a fair price, boilies 6.50€ a kgs with orders over 25kgs, pop ups, Wafters, ground bait, maize and hemp. We shall provide a baiting up option twice a day by boat. Our team are on site to guide you and assist where needed. You shall need to bring a sleeping bag, terminal tackle, reels, alarms, leads, scales and a smile for your first big fish, fishing in the Balkans has now become a whole lot easier. We make fishing holidays easy so all you need to do is choose your Escape.
The following dates are available on a first come first serve basis. The price per person is set at 1600 Euros excluding flights.
July Weeks 20 places
WEEK 1 14-07-2021 21-07-2021
WEEK 2 21-07-2021 28-07-2021
August Weeks 20 places
WEEK 1 08-08-2021 15-08-2021
WEEK 2 15-08-2021 22-08-2021
We also have the following weeks available in 2021 for drive and survive. The price for drive and survive is set at 850 Euros.
October Weeks 16 Places
WEEK 1 10-10-2021 17-10-2021
WEEK 2 17-10-2021 24-10-2021
November Weeks 16 Places
WEEK 1 17-11-2021 24-11-2021
WEEK 2 24-11-2021 01-11-2021
Call or email us to make a booking.
Šumbar Lake Rules
Please Note If lake owners or fishing federations change their rules CarpEscapes are not to be held liable for these changes.
- Carp and Grass Carp Fishing at The Big Lake Šumbar
- All carp and grass carp MUST be returned unharmed -CATCH RELEASE ONLY.
- Swim borders lie in the middle between two anglers
- 3 rods maximum
- NO Zig Rigs
- Use of boats, bait boats and drones are allowed (with special permissions).
- A minimum line thickness of 0.35mm must be used.
- Braided line only on spod and marker rods.
- NO shock leaders or leaders of any description. Maximum lead is 4oz/ 120 grams
- Only barbless or micro barb hooks in sizes 4,5,6,7 or 8. No long shank patterns.
- Grass Carp must not be retained at all. Only carp over 20kg/44lbs may be retained in a floating retainer. Please take your pictures as soon as possible. Carp sacks are NOT allowed.
- When taking picture, the fish must be placed over the unhooking mat. You must be kneeling or squatting down.
- You must not stand while taking pictures with the fish.
- The maximum time allowed for pictures is 3 minutes. (ask for help from a fishing ranger if necessary).
- ALL carp and grass carp over 20 KG must be returned using weighing sling, not your landing net.
- DO NOT leave rubbish or unused bait in your swim.
- Particularly cigarette ends and bottle caps. Please use bins provided for all line and food waste.
- You must use unhooking mats at all times. 42” landing nets or bigger required and they must have knotless mesh.
- DO NOT leave rods unattended.
- No driving around the lake at night
- Please drive carefully around the site. The speed limit is 5km.
- If necessary parts of the lake may be closed and will be clearly marked.
- DO NOT have any lights facing the lake, particularly car lights.
- No open fires. You are only allowed to use the barbecue or stove.
- You may wade 10 meters away from the bank
- DO NOT interfere with other anglers
- DO NOT hammer nails in the trees. DO NOT hang things on trees less than 4 meters high.
- Rangers may make ticket, rig, line, and bait check periodically. You will be asked to leave immediately if you break any of these rules.
- Please leave your swim by 12:00