Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the agreement made between the owner/leaseholder of the lake and the tenant. Carp Escapes have acted as an intermediary between the owner/leaseholder of the lake and the tenant.
1. The journey: The tenant has the right to use the swim, according to the regulations of the lake, during the period mentioned in the agreement between both parties. Outside this period the tenant has no right on the swim.
2. The booking: The booking is made through Carp Escapes, the middleman, but the agreement is made between the owner/leaseholder of the lake and the tenant. If the tenant suffers any kind of injury or damage caused by the conditions of the swim or the lake, he can only claim from the owner/leaseholder of the lake.
3. Deposit: a deposit of 50% of the total amount is paid within 10 days after booking (on-line payments are credited during the payment process). The rest has to be paid max. 8 weeks before arrival. If you book less than 8 weeks before arrival, the total amount has to be paid within 7 (seven) days. If these payments are not settled as mentioned, Carp Escapes can break the agreement unilaterally.
4. Property. We control each lake on a regular basis. In case certain things differ from our description or if there is damage, you should mention this immediately to the owner/leaseholder. The problem will be solved quickly. Complaints made after the journey, won’t be accepted anymore. The tenant must respect the property and leave it in the same conditions as when he/she arrived. Damage caused to the swim or the property will be charged to the tenant. The owner/leaseholder has the right to hold back the refundable payment when these conditions are not respected.
5. Refundable payment. The tenant must pay a refundable payment on arrival. The amount and the payment instructions are mentioned in the agreement. The owner/leaseholder has the right to deny the access to the lake or the swim if the tenant does not comply with this condition. When the tenant has caused any damage to the property, the owner/leaseholder has the right to withhold the refundable payment.
6. Time of arrival and departure: It is important that you strictly respect the times of arrival and departure as mentioned in the agreement.
7. Number of allowed persons. The number of allowed persons on the swim can not be higher than the amount mentioned in the contract.
8. Cancellations. The deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. The tenant will have to pay the total amount when cancelling less than 8 weeks before arrival. In case the tenant leaves earlier than the normal departure date, he/she has no right to claim any money.
9. Responsibility: Carp Escapes cannot be held responsible by the tenant or other parties for any damage or injuries caused during the journey.
10. Cancellation by Carp Escapes: if Carp Escapes is forced to cancel the journey, caused by force majeure, Carp Escapes will contact the tenant as soon as possible to offer a similar lake. The tenant has the right to accept or not accept this offer. When you don’t accept this alternative offer, the agreement will be broken and the tenant has no right to claim the amounts paid to Carp Escapes
11. Complaints: An observed failure to fulfil the agreement must be communicated on the site to the responsible person, in order to solve the problem accordingly. If this failure cannot be solved in a reasonable time, the tenant has to communicate the situation to Carp Escapes.
12. Litigations. All litigations between Carp Escapes and the tenant are subjected to Dutch Law. Only the Netherlands Commercial Court is competent in these litigations.
This website is property of Carp Escapes.
Carp Escapes gives you the right to use and download the content and the audio-visual material for personal use only; not for commercial purpose. All rights reserved.
All prices on the website are only informative, they are not binding.
If you send Carp Escapes a picture, we assume that we can publish this picture. At all times, you have the right to ask us to delete this picture.
All are subjected to the Dutch Law.